Our History

The Dike family have played a large part in the community since 1851 when they were grocers, but more predominantly bakers back then.

In 1909 three cottages in Ring Street, Stalbridge, were purchased by William James Dike, (William Dike's grandfather) and were demolished and rebuilt as a grocery shop and a bake house. It was these premises that served the family proudly for just short of 100 years, witnessing numerous extensions and changes over that period.

our history