Deli & Bakery
Its a feast: start with large juicy olives from our self serve counter, work your way through our wonderful pies and home-cooked hams and end your meal with a fantastic selection of cheeses, including local Barbers 1833 Cheddar and Dorset Blue Vinny, and some really smelly ones such as Stinking Bishop and Delamere goats cheese. We stock Manchego from Spain, a semi-firm, full flavoured cheese made from sheeps milk.
We also do¦
- Hampers ask for a leaflet at the counter
- Cooked gammons to order
- Catering for functions such as weddings (pick up a brochure in-store)
- Regular in-store tastings (see our News page for details)
- Lots of lovely local stuff!
We bake a lot of our bread daily on the premises. Choose from bloomers, baguettes, crusty rolls, as well as organic brown and white loaves. The rest comes from Somerset family bakers Mortimers, who deliver bread and cakes daily. Other local contributions come from Fudges (sweet and savoury biscuits), Mandy Sweet (home-made cakes and pies) and Taste's delicious cakes. Stalbridge-based Oh So Sweet produce magnificent and very naughty puddings as well as cupcakes and scones for our cafe.
We also do:
- Fresh cream cakes and chilled fresh local puddings
- Function catering cupcakes, rolls and sandwiches
- Dorset Cream Teas in the cafe